These buffalo chicken meatball sliders with ranch slaw are the absolute epitome of perfect Superbowl food. In my mind, they are perfect anytime food, but they lend themselves especially well to a good football snack. From the green onion buns, to the just-spicy-enough buffalo sauce for the chicken meatballs, and the ranch dressing slaw with added carrots and celery on top it hits every note of traditional deep-fried chicken wings, but they are gluten and grain free and with no bad oils!
Ok, so I don’t necessarily love football. I went to UT and love Longhorn football (even as bad as it has been the last few years…) but following one team is about all I can commit to, and I definitely prefer college football to the NFL. My fiance, on the other hand, LOVES football and watches almost every game whether it is NFL or NCAA, so I try to follow along and be a good team player.
To me, being a team player means making football snacks and hanging out even if I’m not necessarily watching the game. I haven’t ever hosted my own Superbowl party (mainly because we live so far from the rest of our friends) but one of our traditions became having someone else host the party, while I supply all the food. I love feeding other people and getting to see them enjoy what I’ve made. It makes all of the work in the kitchen worth it.
A few years ago, I made buffalo meatballs as an appetizer and they were a huge hit, so I decided to take the meatballs to the next level by making a slider. The result was exactly what I’d been hoping for. These buffalo chicken meatball sliders are a little labor intensive, but they are 1000% worth the effort! You can also make the meatballs and slider buns in advance. Also, if you don’t want to go through the trouble making the slaw and buns, you can make just the buffalo chicken meatballs and they will be an awesome appetizer. I hope you enjoy these buffalo chicken meatball sliders this Superbowl!
- 2 lbs Ground Chicken (dark meat) or Ground Turkey
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Green Onion
- 1/4 Cup Parsley
- 1 Tbs Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbs Tapioca Flour
- 3 Tbs water
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 3/4 Cup Wing Sauce
- 6 Tbs Butter
- 1 8 oz Bag Coleslaw
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 2 Stalks Celery, diced
- 3/4 Cup Mayo (homemade store-bought
- 1 tsp Dried Dill
- 1/2 Tbs Sliced Chives
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- Juice of One Lemon
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees.
- Combine water, baking soda, and cream of tartar
- Combine coconut flour, tapioca starch, salt, and pepper in a small bowl
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Use a tablespoon to form meatballs and drop onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 425 for 20 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, combine wing sauce and butter, whisk to combine.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce.
- Combine mayo, lemon juice, dill, parsley, chives, and vinegar to make the ranch sauce.
- Mix the sauce with the coleslaw, carrots, celery, and garlic powder. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For each slider, add meatballs, and top with slaw.